- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Roasted Garlic Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced*
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced to very thin half-rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained*
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 (16-oz.) container low-fat, dry-curd cottage cheese
- Spray a 2-quart, oven proof baking dish with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, add leeks, garlic, peppers and zucchini and sauté, stirring occasionally. Add stewed tomatoes (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Portabella & Roasted Garlic Sauce for "*" items.) Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until half done (about 3-4 minutes), drain pasta, and set aside. Meanwhile, uncover skillet and cook for additional 2-3 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Transfer half of tomato sauce to the oven-proof dish. Top with half of cooked pasta and half of cottage cheese. Repeat these layers and top with Romano cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until heated through, and serve.