- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Italian Pesto Blend
- 4 teaspoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- 1 red bell pepper, diced*
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2-4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), rehydrated and julienned*
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan, over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Immediately add onion, asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté 3–5 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze skillet with balsamic vinegar and reduce until almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and immediately toss with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add cooled vegetables and red bell pepper and toss again. Add olives and feta and toss once more. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto in place of "*" items.)
- Serve immediately while still warm, or allow to cool and serve at room temperature.