- 5 Pappardelle's Roasted Red Pepper Noodles
- 2-3 skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Wash red peppers, cut in half, remove seeds & stems. Place upside down (skin side up) on a cookie sheet & bake 10-15 minutes, until skin of pepper is seriously black. This steams peppers so skins peel off easily. DO NOT RINSE peppers, as it takes away flavor. Remove skins & cut into strips. Can be done ahead of time.
- Cook lasagna noodles in gently boiling water, about 8-12 minutes; remove noodles & lay out for later use. Using the same pot, place steamer tray inside pot (make sure water level is below steamer tray), return water to vigorous boil, place chicken breasts in tray, cover & steam for about 8-10 minutes until tender. Remove & cut into thin pieces.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil at medium heat for 1 minute. Try not to burn. Add 1/2 of chicken pieces & 1/2 cup of cheese and toss well. Then add cup of milk, raise heat to medium-high for 2 minutes, and flavor with some salt & pepper.
- To prevent curdling, mix yogurt and the rest of the chicken pieces in a separate bowl. Turn off heat to skillet, add in yogurt-chicken and stir well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, coat bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish with a thin layer of sauce (Steps 3 and 4 above). Place 3 noodles on top of sauce, and arrange some of the roasted bell pepper strips evenly across noodles. Add an additional layer of sauce. Repeat these steps for a second layer. Cover with final lasagna noodles & top with remaining peppers, sauce & cheese. Bake just until hot (15-20 min).