- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Plain (No Egg) Pappardelle
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10-12 oz.) frozen lobster tails, thawed
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed/thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream*
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle clam juice*
- 1/4 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coral Sauce or Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster tails and sauté until shells are bright red in spots, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and cook for about 6 more minutes. Remove skillet from heat, transfer lobster to work surface (using a slotted spoon), cut each tail lengthwise in half, remove meat from shell and cut meat crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Return same skillet to medium high heat (do not clean). Add mushrooms, half of basil, green onions and garlic; sauté until mushrooms soften, about 5 minutes. Add cream and clam juice (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coral Sauce or Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce, as desired.) Boil until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, add lobster and simmer 1 minute. Stir in remaining basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until done, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well; return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and add asiago cheese. Toss over low heat until warmed through; then serve immediately.