- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Pepper Linguine
- 3 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 small chile pepper, finely chopped
- 4 oz. bacon, cut into small cubes
- 14 oz. canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained*
- 3 oz. canned tuna, well-drained
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chili pepper. When garlic begins to change color, add bacon. When fat begins to melt from bacon, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s Lemon Alfredo Sauce in place of tomatoes.) Turn heat to low, and after cooking for an additional 15 minutes, add tuna and cook gently for 15 more minutes.
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and transfer to a heated pasta bowl.
- Add mushroom sauce to pasta bowl and toss lightly. Add parsley and serve at once.