- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lime Cilantro Linguine
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 lb. firm ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 lb. firm, ripe tomatillos, husked, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a mixing bowl, stir 1 tablespoon olive oil with lemon and lime juices, oregano and 1 garlic clove. Add the chicken and coat. Marinate about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat broiler. Coat broiler tray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on tray and broil until golden.
- While chicken is cooking, make salsa. In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic and saute over moderate heat. When sizzling, add onion and red pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomatillos and sugar and continue to sauté for 7–10 minutes, until sauce is thick but still slightly liquid.
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse.
- As soon as chicken is done, cut it crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips. Spoon sauce over cooked pasta and top with chicken.