- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Garlic Orzo
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/4 pounds heirloom tomatoes (or other fresh tomatoes), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped*
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced*
- 1/2 cup black or green olives (oil-cured, pitted and sliced)*
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*Or use 1/4 cup Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto and cut back olive oil to 1/4 cup
- Cook orzo in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until done, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool.
- Whisk vinegar and lemon juice in a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Pour dressing over orzo. Mix in remaining ingredients. (-Or- *Use ¼ cup Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto in place of "*" items and cut back olive oil to ¼ cup.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Can be made 2 hours ahead. Mix well before serving.