- 12 oz. Pappardelle’s Lemon Chive Angel Hair
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 leaves of fresh mint or basil, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or half-and-half*
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or use 8 oz. of Pappardelle's Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- Peel asparagus by inserting a small, sharp knife at base of stalks and pulling upwards towards the tips. Drop asparagus into a large pan of rapidly boiling water. Boil until tender, 4–6 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from water, reserving the cooking water. Cut the asparagus tips off and cut the stalks into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the green onions and herbs, cooking for 3–4 minutes. Stir in the cream and asparagus and heat gently, but do not boil. (-Or- *Replace cream with 8 oz. of Pappardelle’s Lemon Alfredo Sauce and do not mix in Parmesan cheese in Step 5, but sprinkle on top.) Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring asparagus cooking water to a boil, add salt, and cook pasta about 6-8 minutes. Drain and add to the sauce in the skillet. Raise heat slightly and mix well.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Mix well and serve at once.