- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Basil Fettuccine
- 1 (8 oz.) pack frozen artichoke hearts
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*For a creamier taste, add 8 oz. of Pappardelle's Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- Thinly slice the artichoke hearts.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in sauté pan or skillet. Add garlic, onion and drained artichoke slices. Sauté 3 – 5 minutes, or until onions just begin to turn golden, but before they brown. Immediately deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup white wine. Allow wine to evaporate, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- The instant the wine evaporates, add the remaining wine and lemon juice. (*For a creamier taste, add 8 oz. Pappardelle’s Lemon Alfredo Sauce.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes (or until artichokes are tender). Remove the garlic cloves and add the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Place pasta in a large, pre-heated serving bowl. Pour over the sauce and toss thoroughly. If pasta appears too dry, add some of reserved pasta water and toss again.