- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Homestyle Cheese Ravioli
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, diced
- 1 lb. pork stew meat, diced
- 1 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 (11 oz.) container Pappardelle's Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle rolling boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- In a large sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté all meats until cooked through, leaving no liquid in the pan. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, celery and carrots until cooked through. Add meat back in and rewarm
- Add bay leaves and red wine and reduce by half. Then, add marinara sauce and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over ravioli and top with Parmesan cheese.