- 8 quails (deboned)
- 2 cups Bella Sol Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. fresh arugula
1. To make the quail marinade: Combine 1 cup olive oil, thyme, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend well. Cover and marinate quail for 2 hours in refrigerator; then grill.
2. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, stir in grits, reduce heat to low and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a mason jar, mix remaining olive oil and blackberry ginger balsamic. Shake until blended. Add salt and pepper. Toss vinaigrette with arugula to lightly coat.
4. Spoon grits onto plate. Top with dressed arugula salad and 2 grilled quail.