- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Spicy Thai Linguine
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (14 oz.) cans low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste, from Middle Eastern or Indian market
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce and reduce chicken broth to 1 can and butter to 3 tablespoons
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl. Whisk olive oil, fresh basil, chopped garlic, salt and ground pepper in a mixing bowl; pour over chicken, turn to coat and marinate covered in refrigerator for 1 to 6 hours, turning often.
- Whisk chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, orange zest, ginger and tamarind paste in a large saucepan. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce for “*” items and reduce chicken broth to 1 can.) Boil mixture over medium-high heat until reduced to 1 cup, stirring often, about 25 minutes. Whisk in 3 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbeque on medium-high heat. Use 1/2 cup of glaze to baste chicken. Grill chicken until cooked through, basting with glaze, about 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of lightly salted boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain pasta and keep covered on a warm serving platter.
- Arrange pasta on individual serving plates, place chicken on top and spoon on remaining 1/2 cup of glaze. Serve immediately.