- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Toasted Onion Pappardelle
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 (2 lb.) butternut squash, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken or veggie broth (or water)
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble. Set bacon aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the skillet. Add squash and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in broth. Cover and simmer until squash is cooked, about 25 minutes.
- While squash is finishing cooking, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- When squash is thoroughly cooked, add in goat cheese and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add sauce to individual plates of pasta. Crumble bacon on top. Serve immediately.