- 9 oz. Pappardelle’s Gluten-Free Tomato Basil Mafaldine
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Drizzle of Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- Over medium-low to low heat, heat the oil in a small saucepan, and let the minced garlic poach in the oil until soft. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally (14 to 16 minutes). Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, and then drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot, and over high heat, add the reserved cooking liquid, olive oil and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, tossing with tongs, until the water is cooked off, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the tomatoes and basil, tossing just to warm the tomatoes.
- Just before serving, toss with the sliced cheese. Garnish with a bit more fresh basil, diced tomato, a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic, and some freshly ground pepper.