This is a light, yet full-flavored gluten-free pasta salad, sure to delight everyone in your family, not just those who are living a gluten-free lifestyle. It is sure to please special guests at your table as well. This beautiful salad may be served as a main or side dish accompanying your favorite wine.
This lovely description, recipe and picture were contributed by Amy M. of Littleton, CO. Thank you Amy!
9 oz. Pappardelle’s Gluten-Free Lemon Pepper Fusilli
14-16 oz. fresh salmon filet, skin on
1 (9 oz.) pkg. fresh baby spinach leaves
1 (14-oz.) can whole artichoke hearts (5-8 per can)
(double the amounts if a more moist pasta salad is desired)
¼ cup light olive oil or canola oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1. Place salmon filet on cookie sheet lined with foil, skin side down. Sprinkle lightly with fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven at 350°F. and bake for approximately 18 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet until cool.
2. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally (14 to 16 minutes). One minute before draining add entire contents of baby spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Pour pasta and spinach into colander. Drain water from pasta mixture and toss into large pasta bowl.
3. Chop whole artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces and add to pasta mixture in pasta bowl. Toss gently.
4. Separate skin from salmon filet and place salmon on clean cutting board. With a fork gently flake salmon flesh into small bite-sized pieces. Add to pasta mixture in pasta bowl.
5. Whisk the oil with the freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add the salt, garlic and parsley. Parsley adds color and consistency. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently. Serve at room temperature.