- 9 oz. Pappardelle’s Gluten-Free Lemon Parsley Large Trumpets
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks kale, thick stems removed and sliced into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 lb. cooked salmon, sliced into 1/2-inch strips (skin removed)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally (14 to 16 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Blanch kale in boiling water for 5 minutes; transfer to an ice bath and set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter. Add the onions and garlic, sautéing until soft, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle gluten-free flour over onions and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock, white wine and lemon juice to pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Add the drained kale and simmer until kale has cooked down. Stir in pasta, salmon and capers; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until pasta reaches desired level of doneness. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan. Serve immediately.