- 9 oz. Pappardelle's Gluten-Free Italian Pesto Blend Orzo
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red pepper (roasted, peeled and seeded)
- 1 sweet red onion, sliced
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto ham, sliced
- 1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 3/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette (see below)
Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teapoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teapoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teapoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil on a baking sheet and place pepper - cut side up - on the oil. Turn the pepper over, season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Place the warm pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes.
4. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally (14 to 16 minutes). Drain and set pasta aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except mozzarella and pasta) and let marinate for 15 minutes.
6. Add pasta and mozzarella and let marinate another 15 minutes before serving.