- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Gluten-Free Garlic Chive Rooster Combs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 quart milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. (or 4 cups) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 8 oz. (or 2 cups) extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb. cooked lobster meat
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally (14 to 16 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan, but do not boil. In a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the gluten-free flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat. Add Gruyere, cheddar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Combine the cooked pasta and lobster, stirring well. Spray a large casserole dish (or individual dishes) with a vegetable spray. Put a small layer of pasta in the bottom and top with cheese mixture. Add another layer of noodles and more cheese. You should have 3 layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes covered, and uncover for the last 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let sit for approx. 10 minutes before serving.