- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Garlic Toasted Onion Fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 teapoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add onion, garlic, fennel, sugar and salt. Cover and cook over low, stirring occasionally until very soft, approximately 30 minutes. Add small amounts of hot water (1 tablespoon at a time) to the pan, if necessary, to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve one cup of pasta cooking water, drain well and rinse with warm water.
- Uncover and add wine, let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add half-and-half and let simmer until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. If too thick, add as much of the reserved cooking water as necessary until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.