- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Garlic Chive Pappardelle
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 lb. fresh tomatoes (diced), or 1 (16 oz.) can whole plum tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each: fresh mint, fresh parsley and fresh oregano (dried: just use 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. ricotta cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add sausages, tomatoes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, fresh herbs and 1/2 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce is thick, about 20 minutes. Stir in ricotta and remove from the heat.
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Rinse and drain. Remember when cooking the pappardelle-cut noodle to stir more frequently to prevent sticking.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta.