- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Garlic Parsley Fettuccine
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped*
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1/2 onion, chopped*
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced or crushed tomatoes*
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers*
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto and two fresh, large tomatoes (diced)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook just to release the aroma of the garlic, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the tomatoes, juice and all. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 12–15 minutes. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto and two fresh, large tomatoes diced for "*" items and proceed to Step Three, tossing with red pepper flakes, olives and parsley.)
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well (do not rinse), and place in a large, shallow, pre-heated serving bowl. Pour over the hot sauce and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately.