- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Garden Spinach Angel Hair
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 36 mussels (about 3 lbs.) scrubbed and debearded
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and salt; cook for another 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil. Bring heat back down and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Before cooking the mussels, cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with warm water.
- Increase heat to medium and add mussels to tomato sauce. Cover and let simmer for 5-7 minutes or until shells open. Throw away all unopened shells.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley.