- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Four Peppercorn Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. of steak, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- Garnish: flat-leaf Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 7 minutes). Drain and reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to warm. Add onion and garlic. Cook about 5-8 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook on relatively high heat for up to 15 minutes until the mushrooms are very soft. Add 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water. Add steak and cook for one minute. If sauce does not appear to have enough liquid, add the remaining 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Serve immediately atop pasta. Garnish with Italian flat-leaf parsley if so desired.