- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Four Peppercorn Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup low-fat crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed*
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice*
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped finely
- 12 large prepared sea scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup fish stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges and parsley sprigs, for garnish
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coral Sauce
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well and set aside in a warm serving dish.
- To make green sauce, combine crème fraîche, mustard, garlic, lime juice, herbs and seasoning in a bowl. (-Or- Eliminate Step 2 and “*” items. In Step 4, reduce wine/stock by 3/4, then add Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coral Sauce and cook until hot and sauce has thickened. Add scallops for 1 minute, spoon over pasta and garnish with crème fraîche.)
- Slice scallops in half, horizontally. Put white wine and fish stock into saucepan. Heat to simmering point and add scallops, cooking very gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove scallops and set aside. Boil wine and stock vigorously to reduce by half and then add green sauce to pan. Heat gently to warm, replace scallops and cook for 1 minute. Spoon the scallop/sauce mixture over the pasta and garnish with lime wedges and parsley and serve immediately.