- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Cracked Pepper Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 5 dried shitake mushrooms
- 4 cups mustard greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups edamame (green soybeans)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Place dried shitake mushrooms in a bowl and pour boiling water over the top. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Drain, but keep soaking liquid. Chop mushroom caps, but discard stems.
- In the same pot you will boil the pasta in, fill with water and bring to a boil. When ready, add the mustard greens and cook for 1 minute. Drain greens, but keep the water.
- Bring water back to heat and cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain. Place noodles in a large bowl, add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and sesame oil, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions and garlic. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Stir in mustard greens and edamame. Cook about 1 minute. Stir in reserved mushroom liquid, noodles, remaining soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Cook until heated through. Serve hot or at room temperature.