- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Sun-Dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 2 lbs. broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 5 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped or diced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes*
- ¾ cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese*
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
1. Add broccoli florets to a large saucepan with enough boiling salted water to cover generously. Cook, uncovered, over high heat for about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water. Chop broccoli florets coarsely.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Heat remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add broccoli, salt and pepper. Sauté about 2 minutes or until heated through.
4. Add broccoli mixture to pasta bowl and toss. Add sun-dried tomatoes, ½ cup Pecorino-Romano cheese and basil. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto for "*" items.) Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve hot or at room temperature with more cheese, if desired.