- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Organic Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green olives, sliced and pitted
- 1 (2-1/4 oz.) can ripe black olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté onion for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté one minute. Add olives, sugar, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for up to 45 minutes, checking frequently to make sure sauce doesn’t burn.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Garnish with Parmesan and basil, if desired.
From This Recipe
Product not found.