- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Harvest Squash Ravioli
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg (err on the side of too little)
- In a saucepan, cook onion in butter over low heat, stirring, until it is softened. Stir in flour and cook, while stirring, for 3 minutes. Add milk in a stream, whisking vigorously until the mixture is thick and smooth. Add white wine and again whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add salt and nutmeg. Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes, or until it is thickened to the desired consistency. If desired, strain the sauce through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle rolling boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Serve over ravioli.