- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Lobster Ravioli
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk (or skim if you would desire a lighter version), warmed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, cook onion in butter over low heat, stirring, until it is softened. Stir in flour and cook, while stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add milk in a stream, whisking vigorously until the mixture is thick and smooth. Add white wine and again whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add salt and fresh tarragon. Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes, or until it is thickened to the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Serve over ravioli.