- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Parsley Mafaldine
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 (15 oz.) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Sea salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of Bella Sol Basil Olive Oil
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until slightly less than al dente (about 6-8 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until warm. Add zucchini, carrots and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add onions, garlic and red bell pepper and cook for 5 more minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper. Remove veggies and place in a large serving bowl.
- In the same skillet, add butter. When melted, whisk in flour until there are no lumps. In a steady stream, add broth and milk. Bring to a boil and let thicken for 5 minutes. Season with sea salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add veggie mixture to the cream sauce. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water to the veggie/sauce mixture and bring back to a boil. After sauce comes to a boil, remove from heat. Stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of basil olive oil.