- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Sweet Red Onion Linguine
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 8 oz. smoked salmon, cut into strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain well and rinse with warm water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives and salmon. Warm - but do not boil - for approximately 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. If sauce appears too thick, add reserved cooking water.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Serve immediately.