- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Dark Chocolate Linguine
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. container of sour cream
- 1 lb. container of small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish (lasagna style pan).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, then return to cooking pot and add butter. Toss until noodles are well coated and butter is completely melted.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until combined, then whisk in sour cream. Stir in cottage cheese and add to noodles. Spoon gently into baking dish.
- For the topping, stir together cornflakes, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over noodles. Dot with butter and bake kugel until edges are golden brown, about 40-50 minutes. Let stand before serving.