- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Chocolate Gemelli
- 2 bananas, finely sliced
- 1 container of strawberries, finely sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can drained mandarin oranges
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 vanilla beans (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract*)
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Bella Sol Raspberry Balsamic or Bella Sol Vanilla-Fig Balsamic, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Rinse, drain, cover and chill. Place a medium bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice water. Place a fine mesh strainer inside the medium bowl.
- Combine milk & cream in a medium-sized saucepan. Split vanilla beans down the middle with a pairing knife, scrape out seeds & place everything into milk mixture. Bring to boil, remove from heat & allow to stand for 30 min.
- In a mixing bowl, beat yolks and sugar together until thickened and pale yellow in color. Remove vanilla beans/pods from milk & bring just back to a boil. Add 1/2 cup hot milk into yolks to temper, mixing constantly. Then, while stirring constantly with a heat-resistant spatula, add egg mixture back into saucepan and heat over medium to low heat until the mixture is the consistency of heavy cream (or until you can draw a line with back of spatula and leave a "trail" or distinct path, without the two sides running together). Immediately strain the finished cream through the fine mesh strainer into the iced bowl. *If using vanilla extract instead of beans/pods, add it now. Stir occasionally until cooled. Store tightly covered for up to two days in refrigerator.
- Combine chilled pasta, fruit and creme anglais just before serving. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and a drizzle of raspberry balsamic or vanilla-fig balsamic.