- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Chipotle Black Bean Tagliatelle
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat grill to medium high. Place chicken (one at a time) in a plastic bag, seal and pound to an even thickness. Remove from bag and place in a dish.
- To create seasoning mixture, add together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Whisk together oil, lime juice, and seasoning mix in a small bowl.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the mixture created in Step Two, brushing all sides. Reserve remaining mixture for pasta.
- Cut peppers in half, core and brush with oil. Oil grill grates. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Grill peppers (skin side down) 4-5 minutes or until blackened and blistered. Remove peppers to plate, and cover.
- To create the salsa verde, place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a blender, carefully purée the tomatillos and water in batches until smooth.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Peel peppers and cut into strips. Add chicken and peppers to large bowl with accumulated juices. Add drained beans, salsa verde, remaining seasoning mixture and cilantro. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, but do not rinse. Immediately toss with chicken mixture and serve.