- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Chipotle Black Bean Tagliatelle
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat grill to medium high. Place chicken (one at a time) in a plastic bag, seal and pound to an even thickness. Remove from bag and place in a dish.
- To create seasoning mixture, add together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Whisk together oil, lime juice, and seasoning mix in a small bowl.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture, brush all sides. Reserve remaining mixture for pasta.
- Cut peppers in half, core and brush with oil. Oil grill grates. Grill the peppers (skin side down) 4-5 minutes or until blackened and blistered. Remove peppers to plate, and cover. Grill the seasoned chicken for 5-6 minutes or until the juice run clear.
- To create the salsa verde, place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and serrano pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a blender, carefully purée the tomatillos and water in batches until smooth.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Peel peppers and cut into strips. Add chicken and peppers to large bowl with accumulated juices. Add drained beans, salsa verde, remaining seasoning mixture and cilantro. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and immediately toss with chicken mixture and serve.