Pappardelle's is celebrating Cinco de Mayo the only way we know how, with ravioli and beer! We're heading west for this week's craft beer pairing, to Ska Brewing in Durango, CO. Their light and refreshing Mexican Logger begs to be enjoyed with our Chile Relleno Ravioli; throw some slow-roasted pork, avocado, and tomatillo yogurt in the mix and you'll have all the ingredients you need for a fiesta in your mouth!
12 oz. Pappardelle’s Chile Relleno & Pepper Jack Cheese Ravioli
3-4 lb. pork shoulder
1 onion, sliced
8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 Ska Mexican Logger
4 tablespoons tomatillo salsa
Handful fresh cilantro, minced
Plain yogurt or sour cream
1. Prepare the pork the day before you plan to serve the dish. Season pork generously with salt and pepper; heat a large sauté pan with oil over medium-high and sear each side until golden brown.
2. Place onion and garlic in bottom of crock pot, seasoning with salt and pepper. Place seared pork on top and add beer. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred pork and combine with caramelized onion and garlic mixture. Set aside.
3. Bring a pot of salted water to boil; add ravioli and reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook 8-10 mins.
4. While ravioli is cooking, heat a sauté pan over medium. Add 1/2 lb. of shredded pork and 3 tablespoons of tomatillo salsa to pan; stir to combine.
5. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon of tomatillo salsa with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
6. Arrange cooked ravioli on a platter, layering with pork, avocado, and tomatillo yogurt, garnishing with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Crack open a Ska Mexican Logger and enjoy!