1 lb. Pappardelle's Dark Chocolate Linguine
2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
1 (10 oz.) can chicken broth
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 lb. chicken breast or thigh
Toasted pepitas, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and spices and continue to sauté to toast and develop flavor. Add diced tomatoes, peppers, chipotles, broth, peanut butter, and chocolate. Simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and purée until smooth.
3. Sear the chicken in a heavy bottomed hot sauté pan over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Add to casserole dish, cover with sauce and braise in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. While chicken and sauce are braising, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally (7-8 minutes). Drain.
5. Toss pasta with Chicken Mole and portion into serving bowls. Garnish with pepitas and serve.