- 12 oz. Pappardelle’s Southwest Orzo
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 14 oz. fresh or canned tomatoes, diced (save juice)
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 jalapeño pepper (diced) or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
*For an extra kick, use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and reduce chicken broth to 1 can
- Brown chicken in a large, heavy skillet in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon olive oil to skillet and, when hot, sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add zucchini, corn and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Next, add chicken back to skillet, pour chicken broth over mixture (-Or- *For an extra kick, use Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto in place of 1 can of chicken broth and top with orzo.)
- Add orzo. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes (or until orzo has absorbed most of liquid) – do not stir during this cooking process. Serve immediately in hot bowls. If you like it spicy, add 1 diced jalapeño pepper or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.