- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Orzo
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Cook orzo in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with warm water.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp to skillet and cook 1-1/2 minutes on each side, or until done. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in orzo and shrimp. Cook 1 minute or until heated thoroughly.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper. Top each individual serving with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.