- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Carrot Tarragon Pasta
- 2 lbs. fresh ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
- Sea salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Put all the ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) in a saucepan and simmer for 20-40 minutes. The tomatoes need to reduce and separate from the butter.
- Remove from heat and discard the onion. (The onion is placed simmered with the tomatoes to primarily give the sauce it’s subtle sweetness.)
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Pour noodles into the sauce and stir until noodles are completely covered in sauce. Serve. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan on top if so desired.
(-Or- For those who enjoy basil, add a hearty dollop of Pappardelle’s Traditional Basil Pesto to the sauce right before serving.)