- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Calyspo Blend
- 2 fresh jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 mangoes, peeled and finely diced, for garnish
- Drizzle of Bella Sol Blood Orange Olive Oil or Bella Sol California Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine jalapeños, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime zest, coconut milk, basil, olive oil and salt. Add the shrimp and let marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours, refrigerated.
- After shrimp have marinated, heat a nonstick pan over high heat and add just the shrimp, leaving the marinade behind. Or, you can also grill the shrimp for a smokier flavor. Cook shrimp until done, about 5 minutes. Transfer cooked shrimp to a plate. Add the reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (at about 8 minutes, check for doneness). Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour coconut marinade and cooked/grilled shrimp over pasta. Mix well. Serve in pasta bowls and garnish each bowl with mango and a drizzle of lime juice and either blood orange olive oil or meyer lemon olive oil.