- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Garlic Toasted Onion Fettuccine
- ¼ cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (14-oz.) cans beef broth*
- 1-½ cups canned tomato purée*
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or eliminate 1 can beef broth and tomato purée and substitute Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coconut Curry Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and sauté until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and thyme and sauté for 5 minutes more. Add veal and pork and sauté until brown and cooked through (breaking up meat while cooking), about 10 more minutes.
- Add wine and bay leaves and simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Add broth and tomato purée. (-Or- *Eliminate 1 can beef broth and tomato purée and substitute Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coconut Curry Sauce.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring often, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, place in warm serving bowl, add sauce, and gently toss. Serve with Parmesan cheese.