- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Spelt Linguine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 oz. walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 slices French bread from a baguette soaked in 1/2 cup milk
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve one cup of pasta cooking water. Drain pasta well and rinse with warm water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, walnuts, olive oil and milk-soaked bread. Process until very smooth.
- Pour walnut purée into a large mixing bowl. Add reserved pasta cooking water until sauce is of desired consistency. Serve over individual plates of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.