- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Spelt Linguine
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 hearty pinches of red pepper flakes
- 8 cups of arugula, coarsley chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes).
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and chile. Cook until garlic just begins to color, being careful not to burn. Add the arugula and sauté until wilted. (Adding a few pinches of salt on top of the arugula will help it wilt and add flavor.)
- Stir in the tomatoes and parsley. Turn off the heat. When pasta is done, remove from boiling water and add drained pasta directly to the pan with the arugula. Toss well and serve with olive oil drizzled on top as well as freshly grated Parmesan cheese.