- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Garlic Sea Shells
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Drizzle of Bella Sol Basil Olive Oil, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve one cup of pasta cooking water, drain well and rinse with warm water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add eggplant and salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, black pepper and parsley. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. If sauce is too thick, add as much of the reserved cooking water to obtain desired consistency.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Finish with a drizzle of Bella Sol Basil Olive Oil.