- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Asian Orzo
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, skinned and cubed
- 1/2 cup shiitake or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small can bamboo shoots, drained
- Chow Mein noodles, for garnish
- 1/8 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce
- Cook orzo in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until done, about 10 minutes. Drain and chill in refrigerator.
- Also, chill chicken after grilling. Keep vegetables at room temperature, or if prepared in advance, take out of refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
- Mix sauce ingredients and chill. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce. Add sauce to orzo at least 1 hour before serving.)
- Combine orzo/sauce with chicken and vegetables, gently toss and garnish with chow mein noodles.